PARTICIPANTS IN SCHOOL COMPETITION
Irish Aberdeen-Angus Producers CLG, Longfield, Virginia, Co. Cavan T/A Irish Angus Producer Group in the Rep of Ireland and Northern Irish Angus Producer Group in Northern Ireland
Privacy Notices have been issued by Irish Aberdeen-Angus Producers CLG, Longfield, Virginia, Co. Cavan T/A Irish Angus Producer Group in the Rep of Ireland and Northern Irish Angus Producer Group in Northern Ireland (the “Company”, “we”, “us”, “our”). We take our responsibilities under applicable data protection law, including the General Data Protection Regulation and implementing legislation such as the Irish Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK Data Protection 2018 (“Data Protection Law”), as applicable, very seriously.
The purpose of these notices is to inform you on data relating to you that we may collect and use and the uses (including disclosures to third parties) we may make of such data.
This Privacy Notice is addressed to three categories of individuals.
Participants in School Competition to include students, teachers and all those associated with the entry.
Personal Data that we Collect and Process
We may collect and process data relating to you during the course of our relationship with you. Such data may include:
Where you are a participant in the Certified Irish Angus Beef School Competition / ABP Angus Youth Challenge:
- Your name and contact details, including your address, phone number and email address
- School contact information
- Date of birth
- All students participating will be required to provide parental consent under Terms & Conditions of the competition available at angusproducergroup.com
- Parents’ names and contact details, including address, phone number and email address
Purposes of Processing and Legal Basis
We, and third party service providers acting on our behalf, will use personal data relating to you for various purposes.
Where you are a participant in the school competition, these purposes may include:
- For the administration of your entry
- To deal with any queries you may have
- Subject to any marketing preferences that you have indicated to us, for marketing purposes in order to inform you of products and services and promotions which may be of interest to you
- The performance of various tasks undertaken by you either proposed by you or us or any of our processor partners
- Dealing with any complaints, disputes or legal proceedings.
The legal bases on which we collect process and transfer your personal data are:
- That it is necessary for participation in the competition
- That it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that applies to us
- That it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party to whom we provide your personal data. We will not process your personal data for these purposes if our or the third party’s legitimate interests should be overridden by your own interests, rights and freedoms. The legitimate interests for which we process your personal data include our legitimate interests in:
- Conducting our business in a responsible and commercially prudent manner
- Preventing, investigating or detecting theft, fraud or other criminal activity
- Pursuing our corporate and social responsibility objectives.
Recipients of Data
We may disclose your personal data to third party recipients in connection with the above purposes, including:
Where you are a participant in the school competition:
- To third parties who we engage to provide services to us, such as professional advisers, media and outsourced service providers
- To business partners, both processor and retailer
- To competent regulatory authorities and bodies as requested or required by law
- Where you are a participant in the school competition, we will retain your personal data for the duration of your engagement with us and for such a period of time after your participation ends as is necessary to comply with our obligations under applicable law and, if relevant, to deal with any claim or dispute that might arise in connection with your participation.
In connection with the above, we will not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area.
Requirement to Provide Data
Where you are a participant in the school competition, contractual obligation to provide certain personal data for the performance of the agreement:
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances and subject to certain restrictions, in relation to your personal data:
- The right to access your personal data
- The right to request the rectification and / or erasure of your personal data
- The right to restrict the use of your personal data
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data
- Where we are processing personal data based on this being necessary for the performance of your participation in the competition, the right to receive your personal data, which you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to require us to transmit that data to another controller;
In order to exercise any of the rights set out above, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not happy with the way we have used your information or addressed your rights, you have the right to make a complaint to the Data Protection Commission by emailing email@example.com