Terms For Becoming A Member
- Complete application form and include membership fee. This may be done on day of slaughter or may be done as part of our Easy Payment Plan.
- Complete ICBF Data Release Form.
- If not an existing member, become a member of Bord Bia Beef Farm Quality Assurance Scheme.
- Be proposed and seconded at a monthly Producer Group meeting.
- Receive Producer Group number (AAP number).
Terms And Conditions Of Membership
- All animals must be sired by a registered purebred Angus bull. Members who breed cattle must maintain adequate records to verify compliance.
- Identity cards must declare the breed of animal as Angus or Angus cross.
- All animals must be polled.
- All animals must be booked in for slaughter with the Producer Group or a Procurement Manager in a participating meat plant who will duly notify the Producer Group.
- The vendor’s farm must be a member of the Bord Bia Beef Farm Quality Assurance Scheme prior to slaughtering any cattle.
- In the case of a livestock inspection within a participating meat plant, the Producer Group Inspector will be the final judge, by visual inspection, as to whether an animal is suitable for the Angus Beef Scheme.
- Agreement will be reached on an on-going basis between participating meat plants and the Producer Group on the specification for Certified cattle that receive a premium payment. This premium may vary depending on specification type.
Click here to download an application form >>>